Monday, October 10, 2011

Art Happens! 隨手畫

It's been awhile since I've drawn anything besides room dimensions and furniture layouts. Today, I finally sat down with a sketchbook and started drawing again.

The trees in Taiwan are so interesting! Everywhere we go, we see gnarled, bumpy, draping, broadleaf trees that just fire the imagination. I have wanted to draw Taiwanese trees since we went hiking on our last visit.

I'll draw some from life when I get a chance; there's a nice park with plenty of them not far from our house. In the meantime, it was great to do one from my impressions so far.

To me, this attempt is a bit closer to the wonderful Alan Lee trees which I've aspired to emulate for so long!

--Mark

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Thanks for sharing this. Good to hear that you're taking the time, and it's nice to see your impressions of the new place in art work, Mark.

    I've been enjoying the blog, you two. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete