Monday, January 13, 2014

#12 of 30 - "Liangshan Creek Bed 1" - UPDATED 1/26

"Liangshan Creek Bed 1" - Taiwan
- Acrylic on Canvas - approx. 90x65cm/36x25"
This one is hot off the easel, so I have only an informal picture at this point. This painting is at the "signed it and staring at it" phase. (UPDATE: See the finished painting, below.) My goal was to do this relatively large painting in a single day. Success! I went for speed the whole way. This is one of a series of paintings of this creek and its three waterfalls. You can just see the uppermost fall in the background. I had a blast painting this, and remembering climbing around on the rocks on the way in to the upper fall.
Here's the finished, "formal portrait" of the painting--I added just a few details to the painting and got the lighting right for the final photo. By the way, my apologies for misspelling "Liangshan" with a "J" in an earlier version of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment