Monday, January 6, 2014

#6 of 30 - "Marco en su Barco"

Here's the sixth installment in the 30/30 challenge. I took a huge leap and attempted a portrait in oil pastel--something I've never done before. (What??! Mark paints people???) I hope Marco would be pleased with the results!
"Marco en su Barco" - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Oil Pastel on Paper, approx. 4x6"/102x152mm

We hired a small boat to take us out to the Arch of Cabo San Lucas, and since I can get around in Spanish, I asked our pilot his name. "Marco," he said. I laughed out loud. "Me llamo Marco también!" I said. For the rest of the ride, we chatted back and forth. I asked if I could have a picture of him as we came to a drifting halt near the amazing islands of Land's End. I hope the portrait gives you a glimpse of the man we got to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment