Thursday, January 23, 2014

#22 of 30 - "Paria Rimrocks Toadstools"

"Paria Rimrocks Toadstools" - Utah, USA
- Acrylic on Canvas, approx. 10.6x8.7"/22x27cm

One of the places Ping found on the map that we just HAD to go see was Toadstools in Utah. When we got there, we had no idea how magical it would be! We had the place pretty much to ourselves, too. This is just one view of the wash we followed much of the way in. Not much further in, we got to the real feature: the amazing hoodoos of all shapes and sizes. (I'll see if I can paint some of those later. They're so unreal, you'd think I was making them up myself.) This is the informal snapshot of this painting. It's probably a work in progress, but this was Session #1, doing my best to see if I could work opaquely in acrylic, alla prima, without a lot of prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment