Sunday, January 26, 2014

#25 of 30 - "Where the Mountain Breathes" - Yangmingshan

"Where the Mountain Breathes" - Yangmingshan
- Acrylic on Canvas, approx. 16x21"/41x53cm

On January 1 of 2014, we had perfect weather, so Ping and I got on the motorcycle and wound our way up to Yangmingshan National Park, not far from our house. A couple of hours later, we topped out on Qixingshan, a.k.a. "7 Star Mountain." It was such a nice day that everyone was out hiking. It was a zoo at the summit. However, the hike was well worth it. This is my view of Ping hiking through XiaoYouKung, climbing up between the fumaroles. I love these volcanic areas where you can see the mountain breathing. This painting was another "go for speed" experiment. I used only two brushes and limited my palette to 6 colors plus white. I'll do some tweaks, but it's "signed and being stared at" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment