Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Italy 2013 Challenge- (Final Day!) Day 15: "Leccio Home"

"Leccio Home" - version 2
-acrylic on canvas
- approx. 23.6x28.6"/600x725mm

One more from the Leccio excursion. As we came back from town, we walked down a dirt road past this lovely house on the hill. The sky was clearing behind it. The wind was blowing, and we thought: "Wouldn't it be lovely to live in a place like this!"

For the few moments we stood there and enjoyed the surroundings, we actually did live there.

Lucky us!

This is "version 2" of this painting because the first one had some compositional things I felt could use some fixing. I tried again and fixed some of them--though I doubt all the fixes worked! It was a good learning experience. My favorite part of it is still the sky. :)

Thanks for following the Italy 2013 Challenge! The whole idea was to see how much creative output could be inspired from a trip to a lovely place. I set a goal of 15 pieces of art for which some would also have writing and one or two would have music. I had a lot of fun working on this project, and I hope you enjoyed the results!

To see the rest of the posts, just search our blog for "Italy 2013."

Thanks again for coming along!  --Mark and Ping

No comments:

Post a Comment