Monday, May 20, 2013

Italy 2013 Challenge- Day 14: "Leccio Bridge"

"Leccio Bridge"
- ink and ballpoint pen
- approx. 9.9x6.9"/250x176mm

On the day that we went for a walk instead of going shopping, we wandered into the lovely little town of Leccio. The little creek was full of silty runoff from the surrounding hills. Arching over it were several little bridges, including this one that led to an inviting gate.

This little scene lent itself so nicely to the Inktense ink blocks and ballpoint pen. I really enjoy this medium! Ink is permanent; once it's on the paper, there's no taking it back off again! This attribute makes the medium very fast and spontaneous. I have to "think on my feet," choose, and move on.

I think in many ways, I am still learning to do that with life: be willing to use all my experience and skill to choose a path, and then go.

This path led us somewhere we really wanted to be--wandering the streets of town somewhere in Italy, seeing beautiful little places like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment