Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Best Possible Conditions

Over the last few years, I've often said: "You being fully yourself and me being fully myself are neither mutually exclusive nor mutually dependent." For you to be fully yourself, you don't have to wait for me, and if I'm fully myself, that shouldn't stop you. That's true, but recently there seems to be more to it than that.
The more I think about it, the more I see a deep interconnection between you being fully yourself and me being fully myself. When I am living authentically, when I am true to who I am, I help create the best possible conditions for you to be fully yourself. When I am not, I don't.
So being myself, living authentically, directly benefits everyone around me. The freedom and responsibility that come with this are vast. I am not only free to follow my own path, it is imperative that I do so with courage, facing the paper tigers that appear as mistakes, failure and misunderstandings. If I do, I can take the place where I belong, fulfill the role for which I am uniquely designed, and help create the best possible conditions for you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment