Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beitou Flyover for Double Ten 雙十國慶

I forgot to include the pictures of the Double Ten flyover from this morning! I was able to get the camera out quickly enough to catch a few shots!

Like I said, the mosquitoes here are awesome!

According to Wikipedia, there was mostly U.S. rotary wing hardware up there. There was also a larger chopper I didn't get a good shot of, but it looked vaguely Russian to me. Turns out it's the "Eurocopter." Does that mean Germany has to bail it out periodically?

 Ah, the Chinook! Don't leave home without one.
 Yeah, they were pretty darn close! The first thundering group went by so fast, I wasn't out of the house quickly enough to snap a shot. They were Taiwanese designed and built AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo fighter bombers. (Not a typo.)

This formation is pretty relaxed compared to the motorcycle cops practicing for the parade.

Something by Dassault. Looks like the Mirage model I put together when I was in Jr. High. According to Wikipedia, it's the Dassault Mirage 2000.

 The second flight of Mirages.

I thought these were French, too, but the AIDC AT-3 Tzu Chung is also designed and built here in Taiwan by the Taiwanese. These came last, maybe because they're trainers and they just couldn't keep up with the fighting stock!  --Mark

One more thing, if it's Double Ten in Taiwan, is that the same as Dos Equis in Mexico? Just askin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment